An ultimate guide on Top Digital transformation commercial trends 2022
Drive Digital Transformation Success for Your Business & Workforce
Digital transformation is a complex process, and the people part of it is just as important as the technology. At E-Tech, we can help you drive ecommerce sales, build pipelines, develop online relationships and embed digital across the organization.
Top Digital transformation commercial trends 2022
From a commercial perspective, companies are looking to embed digital across the business in the most effective ways possible. Some of Digital transformation commercial trends are:
- Consider a new digital business model – Any model should be tailored to your business. Look at your products or services and see how online technologies and channels can help you create a seamless customer experience and increase sales. It could be as simple as setting up an ecommerce store or focusing on social commerce.
- Digital workplace tools – Hybrid and remote working are now the new normal, and this requires collaborative tools to function properly. There are many tools on the market for communication, project management, and document sharing.
- Implement personalization without impacting privacy – The issue with becoming more personalized in communications is you need customer data to do that. And today many consumers are worried about providing confidential information. The best way to achieve this is to be transparent and look at ways to collect zero-party data.
- Focus on employee onboarding – You can have all the technology and tools in the world, but if your employees don’t know how to use it, there’s no point in having it. Ensure that you create an onboarding program for new employees so that they know what digital tools are available and how to use them.
- Digital upskilling – There’s no denying that there’s a global digital skills shortage across businesses. If you can’t find talent, what’s the solution? Upskill existing staff in new skills so they can not only perform new functions and be innovative but also advance their careers.
5 Digital Transformation Mistakes to Avoid
70% of digital transformations fall short of their objectives according to a report. That means that there can be a lot against you in your digital transformation journey. So, let’s look at the things you should avoid to ensure transformation success.
- A lack of skills – To transform your business requires manpower and often, companies do not have the knowledge and skills needed. Training can have a huge impact on staff skills, so think about creating or bringing in a tailored program that covers the specific areas your company needs to thrive.
- Having the wrong data – It’s not about quantity but quality when it comes to data and companies need to make sure they are looking at the right data and driving insights to move forward.
- Underestimate costs – Digital transformation is an expensive process as it’s a reinvention of a business. Make sure you approach it with a budget that can deliver on your expectations and goals.
- Resistance from staff – When staff do not understand the reasons and benefits of change, then there will be pushback. Make sure your workforce knows the motivations for a digital transformation and the benefits to the business and customers.
- A lack of commitment – This is a long process that will take time and dedication. Make sure your business has a multi-year plan. To guide the process and an expectation across the company that time is required.
Check out our business page to see how your company can succeed in a competitive marketplace through digital transformation commercial trends.