To maximize the success and participation of the promotion, it is vital to promote the Online Contest to reach the most significant number of potential entrants you can.
Step To Promote A Online Contest
Below is the important step to promote an online contest:
Read More: Top Email Marketing Practices To Drive Results In 2023
- Promote the giveaway before starting it
You can increase engagement on social media, especially on Facebook, before the giveaway even starts!
- Partnership with another company
Partnering with other businesses and running regular contests is one of the finest ways to double your results or get off to a good start.
A great method to increase the number of items you can give away and your exposure is by partnering with another business.
- Promote Giveaways on directories
A great way to drive traffic to your contest is by submitting giveaways and sweepstakes directories that link directly to your promotion.
- Promote giveaways & contests on Facebook
Facebook is one of the best places. One of the best places to promote your giveaway is on Facebook.
Here is a list of the best tips to get the most out of Facebook:
- Create a post promoting your contest on your Facebook timeline.
- In the same post, you can ask people to take action to maximize exposure.
- Use relevant hashtags, such as #giveaway, #contest, #competition, #win, etc.
- Post your giveaway in Facebook groups where the subject matter is relevant.
- Please keep that in mind before writing anything about promotion or advertising.
- To promote your contest, change your Facebook cover photo.
- Reach out to your friends and family on Facebook.
Promote giveaways on your other social networks
You can benefit from the strength of social media. With the information about your giveaway, you can share it with large audiences.
- Giveaway by newsletter, please.
Send an email to your list with a direct link to the entry page advertising your contest. One of the finest ways to promote your contest is through an email newsletter, especially if your subscriber list is active. Even though they are already on your list, you should still promote them since they will tell their friends and family when they enter the offer.
- Promote giveaways with Ads
The less likely you are to draw prize seekers, the greater your ability to target your audience with the ads will be.
PPC is a practical approach to spreading the news about your contest if you have the funding.
In addition to this, you might start by marketing to your current fan base:
- Reaching new people
- Re-targeting previous campaign participants
- Addressing influencers
- Offline promotion
Social media are just some of the ways to promote your giveaway. If you have a physical store, consider using walk-in customers to drive awareness for your competition.
- Write a blog post about your competition.
Write a post announcing the contest, whether it is on a Facebook page, landing page, or a partner’s website. A blog post can generate an audience in your contest,
provide context for why you’ve developed it, and offer several reasons someone should join. A solid call to action that links to the competition is a must.
- From your homepage or footer, include a link to your contest.
Avoid merely reading the blog post. More places on your website can be used to promote your contest:
- Make a banner or slide (if you use a slider) on the homepage to promote the giveaway or contest.
- Use Popups. For your contest, we advise using an exit intent pop-up to prevent visitors from leaving with a glittering reward.
- To catch users’ eyes, employ a top bar.
- In the footer of your website, include a banner or a link.
- The footer is a suitable location since it is typically accessible from every page.
- Publish a Press Release
Get people excited about your contest. Why are you running it, and what makes it unique? You may be awarded a grand prize or offer every participant a unique discount code.
- Promote the Community your participate
To identify groups of people who are likely to be interested in the product you’re giving away, use social communities:
- LinkedIn Groups
- Google Plus Communities
- Pinterest Groups
- Facebook Groups
How long should you promote an online contest?
The ideal time to host a giveaway is typically two weeks (14 days). You have enough time to safeguard entries but not so much time that consumers will stop paying attention to you. The preferred duration for many businesses is two weeks for your offer.
Do you need to promote a giveaway post?
Giveaways and contests are truly excellent marketing tools, but for them to work, you must actively promote them and ensure your audience and others are aware of them.